Bitterroot Disposal offers residential garbage service throughout Ravalli County, Montana. Our automated side load trucks can be scheduled to collect trash on a weekly or monthly basis.CONTACT US HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
Residential Garbage Containers
Cart Placement for Automated Service
Please place your container at the pickup location the night before your scheduled pickup day. We also suggest pulling it back to your property the same day it’s emptied. Place container with handles facing away from the street. Containers damaged through normal use will be repaired or replaced free of charge. Please bag all garbage.
Why it's important to bag all garbage:
- Reduces odors that invite insects, birds and animals
- Reduces littering
- Keeps trash containers cleaner
- Minimizes injury for waste collectors
Weekly - 90 gallon cart - Green with green lid
Monthly - 90 gallon cart – Green with black lid
Collection Schedule Look Up
Bitterroot Disposal now makes it easy to enter your residential service address and view your collection schedule.
Residential Waste Materials
Please review the acceptable and unacceptable materials listed below. For safety, environmental and legal reasons, not all waste materials are allowed in Bitterroot Disposal containers or trucks.
Acceptable Residential Waste
- Bagged normal household trash
- Small pet waste, double bagged
Unacceptable Residential Waste
- Ashes, hot or cold
- Dead animals
- Flammable or combustible liquids
- Hazardous materials
- Motor oil
- Paint, wet
- Un-bagged trash
- Vehicle fluids
Additional Residential Services
- Special pickup – Bulky items etc: TV, couch, refrigerator, etc.
- Special pickups: Special pickups with a rear load truck are offered on Wednesdays upon request. Special pickups must be scheduled no later than 4 PM on Tuesday to take place the following day. State law requires that any refrigerators, freezers or air conditioning units are certified to be drained of Freon prior to pick up. Please call our local office for more information.
- Recycling: Not available at this time. However, a recycling program is being developed.
- Driveway/yard service: Location safety must be approved and additional fees may apply.
- Vacation service: Adjusted billing for customers on extended vacations. Please call our local office for more information about this service.
Residential customers are billed quarterly based on four pickups each month for weekly service. Payment is due on or before the 25th day of the first month in your billed quarter.
We accept checks, cash, money orders, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. You can also pay your bill online.
211 Humdinger Lane
Victor, MT 59875
|Quarter||Months Covered||Due Date|
|1st||Jan, Feb, Mar||Jan 25|
|2nd||Apr, May, Jun||Apr 25|
|3rd||Jul, Aug, Sep||Jul 25|
|4th||Oct, Nov, Dec||Oct 27|